- Three White College Students File Racial Discrimination Complaint Against Professor Over Lesson On Structural Racism (December 2, 2013)
Shannon Gibney, black female professor was reprimanded by her superiors because white male students in the class she was teaching said that they were tired of hearing about structural racism in the class.
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Faculty and Student Perceptions of Classroom Incivility in a Social Work Program (2011)
This study emphasizes factors of disruptive behavior from student to instructor in spaces within higher education - emphasizing frequency of occurrence, consequences, and discusses the case of race and gender as catalysts for incivility.
- Disrespect On College Campuses a Growing Problem (March 25, 2013)
A wake-up call to students about their own uncivil behavior.
- Navigating Difficult Dialogue In The Classroom (February 18, 2014)
Offers strategies for professors to deal with microaggressions in the classroom.
- Professors Feel Pain, Too (February 20, 2014)
Marginalized professors are required to teach about racism in an objective way, and such a required form of education is a form of suppression.