- Is it You or is it Racist? The Insidious Impact of Microaggressions on Mental Health (July 31, 2013)
The uneasy feelings associated with the receival of microaggressions can accumulate and contribute to “toxic stress” - stress that can cause serious harm to mental and physical health.
- 21 Racial Microaggressions You Hear On A Regular Basis (December 9, 2013)
A collection of photographs from a project highlighting the racial microaggressions people of color endure on a daily basis.
- Sh*t Academics Say (September 16, 2013)
Examples of microaggressions, and why seemingly harmless comments create a hostile environment for minority students and faculty.
- The Everyday Microaggressions I Experience As A Black Woman Living In Berlin (December 8, 2013)
Bim Adewunmi writes about her visit to Germany where she is stared at her hair is touched, and she is reminded again and again that she is perceived as a foreigner not by her ability to speak English, but rather her phenotype.
- Unmasking Racial Micro Aggressions (2009, the American Psychological Association)
On the identification of racial microaggressions, which can be classified into microassaults, microinsults and microinvalidation.