- Motherhood (June 19, 2011)
Being a mother in academia, the difficulties from structural double-standards, and why being an academic and mother are not mutually exclusive (and should not be seen as that).
- How to welcome new faculty with children: Three Tips (August 25, 2013)
How to make academia a friendlier place for parent academics.
- The Mom Penalty (6 June 2013)
Men are favored in academia, due to the rigors and lack of friendly-family aspects that women tend to consider - especially in research-intensive fields, where long hours are a necessity.
- Kids and Conferences Do Not Mix (December 20, 2013)
On the difficulties of having children in academia--specifically in attending (rather, trying to attend) conferences.
- The Cost of Raising a Child in America: $241,800 (August 15, 2013)
A large chunk of income is sacrificed for raising children in America, creating increasing difficulties for low-income families.