- “No, I Don’t Want To Come To Your House”: Separating The Personal and Professional Selves In Academia (April 1, 2013).
On the intricacies of being a woman of color in academia, who to trust and who not to trust, and keeping the colleague-colleague and friend-friend relationship separate.
- On Being A Wife (June 11, 2011)
About being an academic, and being the wife of an academic while battling other people’s expectation of roles.
- Rejecting the Academic Fast Track (January 15, 2009)
Graduate students are increasingly looking away from the academic fast-track, and more towards family-friendly programs and universities.
- Single and Fabulous!(?) Unmarried in Academia (26 July 2013)
Under forty, a tenured professor speaks about her struggles with academic and personal life, with emphasis on the pressures of marriage and establishing a family.
- The U.S. Ranks Ninth-To-Last In Work-Life Balance (May 28, 2013)
Lack of leisure time and personal activities, leaving workers to devote less time to family - and most notoriously, discourage and prevent women from claiming male-dominated jobs.
- In Search of Lost Time (March 3, 2014)
Professor laments on how overcommitting to school related projects, though very much imbedded in academic culture, ultimately leads to losing oneself to work at the expense of everything else, including health. Author advises to put aside time for oneself and other needs and interests.