- Cultivating Allies As A Woman Of Color In Academia (December 5, 2013)
Dr. Manaya Whitaker writes on the true meaning of an ally--ally does not mean friend or someone one respects; it means someone who will openly stand with you against adversary.
- A Mentoring Manifesto (August 12, 2013)
The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity holds some nuggets of wisdom about the successes and benefits from mentoring,
- Shameless Self-Promotion (August 13, 2011)
On the importance of promoting oneself, especially as women in the academic world.
- White Friends vs. Black Friends. So What? (August 13, 2013)
An example of tokenism in friend circles - how one should not be ashamed of not having a complete “color palette”.
- Talking About a Toxic Environment (February 26, 2014)
This articles asks the question, “Should you tell administrators and colleagues why you are leaving?” Author advised to do so cautiously.
- Mediating in the Academic Bully Culture: The Chair’s Responsibility to Faculty and Graduate Students (Winter 2010)
Barbara M. De Luca and Darla J. Twale explains issues of faculty incivility and suggests how the chair may assist as mediator.